Trending

Serena Williams Wins 20th Grand Slam title

 
33-year-old American Serena Williams has won her 20th Grand Slam title in Paris. She defeated the 28-year-old Czech player Lucie Safarova 6-3, 6-7, 6-2 to claim her third French Open title. This is her 20th Grand Slam title, placing her two tournaments shy of Open-era leader Steffi Graf.


"I played very well and she was a magnificent opponent for me,"
"She was very aggressive and I was a bit nervous at a set and a break up.
"It's special for me because I don't play well all the time here (in Paris), but I am so pleased to win my 20th Grand Slam here."Williams said.
Safarova said she was proud of the way she had fought back in the second set after it seemed she was heading for a heavy defeat.
"Serena was really strong out there. I just pushed myself to step up the level," she said.

1 comment:

Thanks for visiting and we love your comments on miimi's diary.
Don't forget to download our app Here on Google play

For articles, post, advert e.t.c feel free to send a mail to Miriam.chinonso3@gmail.com/moses.nke@gmail.com or call 08062229490