Trending

Do Good Anyway (get inspired)


I went into a supermarket to buy some things. After the shopping, I paid and the sales girl felt she didn't need a calculator to know my balance. While she brought the balance, I felt the money was more than. I asked her if she is sure that's my balance and she said yes.



When I went outside the supermarket, I had to calculate it Again and I discovered she paid me more than. I went back and placed the bought items and the balance on her table and asked her to recalculate. She then used her calculator and saw her errors. She just removed the money and gave me back my goods. No Thank You. No smiles! No Nothing!

I stood for a while and left... I wanted to feel sad. But it became clear to me that there is nothing I could do. Even if she repeats that tomorrow, I will still return it. I'm stock. I must just do good anyway.

I know many of us have been made too foolish; you gave your life, time, energy and all for someone and the person will be indifferent. You go out of your way to help and the person act as if it's actually your job to go out of your way.

If you have been a victim of your own help, don't quit. Don't stop doing good. Another person's ill nature shouldn't quench your own good nature. Believe me it's difficult, but it's worth doing. Don't regret it after you get the such response. Just say I'm stuck... I must sha do good.

When someone who didn't appreciate your last help comes looking for another.. Still help.
When you are doing good, remove expectations because expectations is the mother of disappointments.

Don't expect an appreciation; just see it that you did what is necessary. Many will never say thank you but don't let them infect you with what they are carrying. You see someone's item fall... Pick it for her. If she says nothing; if she acts as if it's your duty to do that... Just smile and say to yourself. "my goodness would not bend for your badness".

Let your happiness not come from appreciations but that you did the right thing. Decide to do good anywaysߘ.

Written by: Ugwu Chinaecherem


8 comments:

Thanks for visiting and we love your comments on miimi's diary.
Don't forget to download our app Here on Google play

For articles, post, advert e.t.c feel free to send a mail to Miriam.chinonso3@gmail.com/moses.nke@gmail.com or call 08062229490